Party Wall Surveyor & Neighbourly Matters

Seek guidance from our knowledgeable Party Wall Surveyors; they can ensure you're on the right side of the law and help you avoid unnecessary disputes with your neighbours, including Right to Light and scaffolding licences. 

Sillence Hurn offers expert advice based on substantial experience of party wall matters. We act for both building owners and adjoining owners and look to guide either party through the complexities and formalities of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, to ensure their best interests are met.

building owner serving a party wall notice?

Planning an extension, proposing structural alterations to your property, or undertaking a new build project that is attached or near an adjoining property? If so, then you will need to consider the Party Wall etc Act.

As an owner or occupier (commercial or residential) that is proposing works to/in the vicinity of a party wall, on a boundary line or in close proximity to adjacent buildings/structures you will invariably be required to comply with the requirements of the Act.

Our Party Wall Surveyors support property owners and reduce or remove risks resulting from works near site boundaries. We will ensure that projects progress smoothly without undue delay, endeavouring to protect the neighbours' properties that may be affected by the works, whilst also looking to minimise inconvenience and disturbance to the occupants.

In the event of damage or disputes arising, we will act to resolve in the interest of all parties affected. 

Types of Party Wall Notices

Adjoining owner served with a party wall notice?

A Party Wall Notice will inform you that your neighbour plans to carry out some building works that may affect your property or boundary walls. If you have been served with a Party Wall Notice, you will need to formally acknowledge and respond.

It is at this stage that you may seek advice to further understand the notice and what you are required to do.

The Party Wall Act states that any neighbour carrying out building works must inform those next door by issuing a notice detailing the work. The neighbour who receives the notice then has 14 days from the point a Party Wall Notice is issued to give their consent or request a Party Wall Settlement.

Our Party Wall Surveyors provide expert advice on Party Wall matters and act on behalf of both building owners and adjoining owners. We look to fully uphold the Act and place particular emphasis on good communication and building relationships between parties to ensure their best interests are met. We also offer drone services at an additional cost.

Learn more about Party Wall Matters

enquire about party wall

If you have a specific project you need assistance with, please complete our enquiry form below. Please provide as much detail as you can so we're fully informed. If you'd prefer to call us to discuss the project further, you can reach our team on 02380 014786.

Related content

  •  SH Advice Hub - Blog
  •  Residential / Commercial / Party wall consultancy
  •  29th September 2021
  •  SH Advice Hub - Blog
  •  Residential / Commercial / Party wall consultancy
  •  18th March 2020

Are we a good fit?

If you're looking to work in partnership with a company that will put your needs first, whilst offering a unique and progressive approach to building consultancy services, then engage with us - get in touch, follow us, connect... whatever is best for you!