Project management encompasses the techniques and skills involved in producing a defined outcome (an extension, a new build, refurbishment etc...) within the constraints of people, time, budget and resources.
Whether you are undertaking a residential or commercial building project, you'll need someone to oversee the project for you. This will save you a significant amount of stress and anxiety, as the role is one which should only be undertaken by qualified and experienced individuals or teams. Construction project management is about more than simply overseeing contractors...
A good project manager will:
- Understand common construction practices
- Be in contact with a range of talented professionals
- Have put in place a project plan ahead of commencing
- Apply for any necessary approvals
- Provide notices for any adjoining parties
- Have a clear understanding of how to utilise the budget effectively
- Manage all project contracts for you
- Keep the project running on schedule
- Ensure clear lines of communication between you and the build team
- Ensure that the quality of the project meets agreed expectations
- Check that the build meets legal requirements
- Monitor the conditions of the site and check for health and safety issues
Sillence Hurn offer both commercial and residential project management expertise from small to large building activities ranging from £30k extensions to £6m construction projects. Our approach is built on cutting-edge technological processes, efficient time management and liaison with cost-effective contractors to deliver a forward-thinking project management strategy that allows us to work smarter for our clients.
Opting for a project manager from Sillence Hurn will give you peace of mind that your costs will be closely monitored, that the schedule will be adhered to and will free up your own time to focus on other areas of your business or life. We'll ensure the successful management of the planning, coordination and execution of the project, whether it’s commercial, industrial or residential.
As well as a significant understanding of the building and construction process, our talented team have expertise across finance, law, business and mediation, as well as strong communication skills to ensure that challenges can quickly be solved and progress can continue smoothly.
As well as managing the team working directly on the project, Sillence Hurn can provide the following additional services:
- Cost management
- Time management
- Quality controls
- Contract administration
- Health, safety and building regulations
The Sillence Hurn team have a combined total of over 70 years' experience in delivering successful building projects. As we our not a main contractor or architect, our strength lies in the experience and expertise we have in-house to organise your build without any bias. We act on your behalf and work hard to ensure you get the best outcomes and that your expectations are exceeded.
If you are interested in our project management services, you may also be interested in our monitoring surveying, cost management, contract administration and quantity surveying services.